September 16, 2023

Heat the Pig Liver Licensed by J-Novel Club!

Haha, what a way to mark the 1 year anniversary of this blog.

J-Novel Club just announced that they've licensed Heat the Pig Liver!


It's a bit disappointing that they didn't keep the eye-catching title of "Heat the Pig Liver," and instead stuck with the honestly very generic-sounding title of "ButaReba - The Story of a Man Turned into a Pig-" that the anime is also being marketed with.  That being said, congratulations!

And now that the series has been licensed, all things must come to an end.  I have a little bit of volume 4 that I would like to post as I don't want the small bit of work I've done to go to waste, but after that, I will stop posting future volume translations.  As for the existing translation posts, my plan is to leave chapter 1 for each volume as preview (similar to what's available for preview for the original novels on digital stores), and take down the other chapters as the anime covers them (with everything else removed after the anime finishes airing).

Thank you all for having stuck around for the past year, and make sure to pick up the official English release when it does come out!

11/18 Edit Update:

Seems like JNC got the rights to the manga serialization as well, so you'll be able to enjoy Minami-sensei's art adaptation too!

2 comments:

Masquerade said...

Thank you for being the first to share this story in English!
The title disappointed me as well, but I noticed people needed the subtitle to understand what it is about, whenever I shared it people thought it was cousine related xD
Leaving the translations on for the anime duration shouldn't cause problems hopefully; but still, be careful, J-Novel is infamous for being rather ruthless with translators and people sharing their series, even immediately after the license notice and with volumes they have yet to cover (I sadly speak out of experience). But I'm sure your translations will still stay on the internet for a long time anyway; I'll personally continue crediting you and I'll keep the link to your blog under the audiobooks I have.
Anyways, I wish you all the best for your future endeavours and hope we'll get to see some more light novels translated by you!

Anonymous said...

gracias pr la traducción

Post a Comment