October 01, 2022

Heat the Pig Liver - Volume 1: Afterword

Afterword

Nice to meet you all, this is Sakai Takuma.  Thank you for picking up such a strangely titled book.  I’m very glad I was lucky enough to get it published without needing to change the title to something more marketable, like “That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Pig,” or “I Want to Eat Pig Liver.”

 

This novel was made possible to be read by many thanks to the help of a number of people, including the members of the 26th Dengeki Novel Grand Prize selection committee, my talented editor Anan, the godly illustrator Tohsaka, and various others.  I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincerest gratitude.



 

Lastly, let me tell you a little bit about myself.


I have a grandmother whom I love very much.  I used to play at her house very often.  She’s very kind and would grant any selfish requests I made as a child.  Even now that I have a job, when I go out for dinner with her, she would say things like “I’m really happy you came to visit me,” and expertly prevent me from taking out my wallet.

 

This kind of grandmother tends to spend a lot of money.  I won’t provide a specific incident, but… some examples would be when you have to use a service that’s difficult and hard to understand, or when someone proposes a new lifestyle to you, or when a friendly clerk recommends a very convenient add-on option.

 

There’s certainly a huge force in this world that seeks to exploit kind people.  I hope that those who have read the main story will be able to understand why I wrote something like this as the afterword for this slightly naughty, flirtatious, fantasy in another world story.

 

Although I wrote about some serious matters, I doubt these feelings will ever reach my grandmother.  No, she’s doing fine.  It’s just that, when I consider the possibility of her buying this slightly naughty, flirtatious, fantasy in another world novel from a bookstore, I think that’s impossible.  If she ever asked me “What does -taso mean?” I’d be quite troubled.

 

But I hope that my thoughts were at least conveyed to everyone here.

 

The world is gradually becoming more difficult and convoluted.  Malice and greed cleverly hide themselves in the cracks and target kind people.  Without any cheat skills, it may be difficult to change this kind of world.  But if it’s just staying by the side of those who can’t help but nod their head even when faced with malice and protecting their happiness, I believe that’s something we can all do.

 

You might be the one to save a silent victim of modern society – a kindhearted yes-man.

 

(A-and, um… If volume 2 comes out, please buy a copy…  Although I wrote this super cool afterword, for the main story, I plan on seriously continuing the slightly naughty, flirtatious, fantasy in another world plot, so… please support me…)



February 2020 – Sakai Takuma


No comments:

Post a Comment