October 01, 2022

Heat the Pig Liver - Volume 1: Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – Heat the Pig Liver

I guess you could say the third time’s the charm as I finally woke up in a hospital bed.  It was snowing outside the window.  It didn’t seem like much time had passed since I ate the raw pig liver.

 

The hustle and bustle around me passed through my brain, and I kept staring at the ceiling like I had lost my soul.  After a while, my mother came into the ward and said something to the effect of “How long are you planning on sleeping?  Get a hold of yourself.” before quickly finishing her formalities and headed home.

 

When I finally got up, I looked at the IV tube and air conditioning equipment, and noticed that this world just has a lot of things.  On a small desk nearby were gifts from some friends.  I picked up a box of sweets and glanced at the Japanese written in fine print.

 

How many days have I slept like this?  No other period in my life will ever be able to surpass what I’ve felt over these past few days.

 

Only the sense of loss remained in the hospital bed.

 


(END OF CHAPTER 5 PREVIEW)
The rest of volume 1 chapter 5 has been removed as there is an official English translation.

1 comment:

Jnn said...

Thank you for the translation and your translation note really helpful too. personally i really like this novel, it's sure interesting. I could say this novel has unique plot. I hope you could continue translating or someone picked this up.

Post a Comment