October 01, 2022

Heat the Pig Liver V1 Finished!

Hi there, Hayane here.

Phew, I just barely managed to squeeze this out at the end of the month.  I hope you all enjoyed volume 1 of Heat the Pig Liver, and that my translation skills were good enough to not ruin the reading experience.  I'm a big fan of this novel, and a part of why I decided to translate vol 1 was to show that this story isn't as degenerate or boring as the premise might makes it seem.  It's a good "don't judge a book by its cover" novel.  At least I certainly didn't expect a story about being reincarnated as a pig to have this kind of mystery and world building to it when I first read it.

For now, I don't have any plans to translate volume 2 since I'd like to take a breather.  If anyone wants to pick this project up, you're more than welcome to.  I hope this gets an official English release, but if that doesn't happen and no one has taken over...  Maybe I'll continue the story after the break?  When I start working on this, I know I won't be able to stop until the volume is finished, and while translating is fun, it's definitely not something I'd want to keep doing for another 6 (vol 7 is announced to be out this december) volumes straight.  I would burn out before long.

If someone's looking to work on the manga, feel free to use my translation as reference or let me know and I'll gladly help out up to where vol 1 ends since the majority of translation work should already be done.

Thank you all for reading this far, and make sure to support the author for more Jess-taso in the future!!!


For sticking with me until the end, I'd like to leave you all with one last translation...

Here's a character page from volume 2 for the royal family members that Jess and Mister Pig meet near the end of chapter 4, if you were wondering how they looked.  And below this is just a couple lines from the very beginning of vol 2.

Shulavis – Evis’ grandson.  Although he’s Jess’ fiancé…

Wies – Shulavis’ mother.  She serves as Jess’ educator.

Evis – The king of Mestria.  He’s been called the greatest mage.



Fragment 1 – An Important Something

There are times where I’m suddenly reminded that I can’t seem to remember something.

 

Like when I stare at the distant mountains, or when I look up at the night skies.

 

When I remember that I once had something irreplaceable, tears feel like they’ll well out.

 

But even I don’t know myself what’s tormenting me so.

 

The bookmarked pages are stuck together, unable to be opened.


...

1 comment:

アズマー said...

Thanks you for the translation

My first expression about this LN like "WTF is this can't they make the mc another than pig"
when this LN got anime adaptation
It been viral
Many people blame the author
Just because the mc pig
They say why this shit got anime adaptation many comment like that
Mostly comment like that fan anime watcher and manga reader

But i won't listen to another people say who is not even read LN only know blame the author without read this Master piece work


I hope there will be the another people open their eyes "don't judge a book by its cover"

I'm promise you will never waste ur time read this LN you will be addicted searching next vol like me😂
I already buy vol2 and 3 digital copy
So sad i need to used mtl, 🥲

About the translation
The translation look like already like official translation easy to understand
Already good i have no complain about it 10/10 for me


I hope you still continue translate this novel
Please don't drop this Master piece work

I'm suffer from the MTL 🌚🤣

Post a Comment