December 31, 2022

Heat the Pig Liver V2 Finished!

Hello again (for the fifth blog update), Hayane here.

I know I said in my previous posts after finishing volume 1 that I was going to take a break, but after hearing about Sakai Takuma's new novel, and knowing Pig Liver vol 7 was about to come out soon, I got the motivation to finish translating vol 2 before the end of the year.  I might still post some non-vol 3 stuff, like short stories, if I'm able to get my hands on them, but I'll have to see if I can bounce back to work on vol 3 as quickly as I did this time.  Until then, you'll just have to make do with the vol 3 cover blurb translation on the main translation page...

As for my thoughts on translating vol 2, I really enjoyed the callbacks to events that had occured in vol 1, especially when they were used to showcase Jess' growth; and of course, my personal highlights were every time Mister Pig and Jess shared a moment with each other during the period of time Jess couldn't remember him.  The world building is great, and I believe it only gets more interesting from here on out.

I would also like to briefly touch on the newly released vol 7 (no spoilers, of course, since I haven't had a chance to read it as of writing this).  Celes got a new outfit!  On top of that, the anime has been confirmed for 2023 (with the original cast from the PV)!  I'm really looking forward to seeing how they manage the story progression monologues versus when Mister Pig is "speaking," and I hope they're able to retain that sense of mystery throughout the anime.

It also seems that with chapter 22 coming out, the manga has reached the conclusion of vol 1.  Chapter 23 looks to be coming out on February 27, which means it's been greenlit for covering vol 2 as well!

Finally, thank you all for reading Heat the Pig Liver vol 2, and if you enjoyed it, make sure to support the author in any way that you can!  Congratulations to the series for reaching 250k sales, and I look forward to the day this gets an official English release; perhaps with the anime announcement, 2023 will be the year that happens (then you won't have to deal with my half-baked translations).

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and may you have a happy New Year!


Here's a few fun tidbits from vol 6 and the limited 2023 acrylic stand calendar set.

Mister Pig's birthday is on October 16.

Jess' birthday is on June 16.

1 comment:

ferryyohanes96 said...

Thank you very much for your hardwork

Post a Comment